You jumped in on the short hair trend, and got a lob, bob, or even a pixie, but now you are craving long, luscious locks again that you can toss into a braid or a top knot, or rock down with cool waves. With these genius tricks, you’ll have long, healthy strands again in no time.
- Trim it. It may sound weird, but you have to cut a little off for your hair to grow. Damaged ends will break off and make your hair shorter! No need to go crazy, though- just get the ends trimmed every six weeks.
- Skip the super hot water when washing your hair. Super-hot water weakens your hair, making it dry and brittle.
- Protect it. Heat styling can fry your hair and keep it from growing long and strong. Go for an iconic blow-dryer instead of a normal one. They are more powerful so they reduce styling time, which minimizes heat damage. When using hot tools, coat strands with a protective styler, like a blow-dry lotion, before you turn up the heat.
- Don’t wrap wet hair in a towel. Wet hair is fragile, so twisting it up into a towel after stepping out of the shower can break strands. Instead, gently pat it dry with a towel.
- Pamper your scalp. Dirt, oil and dead skin cells that collect on your scalp make it hard for new hairs to grow. Massage your scalp with your fingers every time you shampoo to get the gunk out.