Are you afraid that the years are beginning to show on your face? You are not alone. Thousands of women are standing in front of a mirror thinking how aging reflects their beauty and overall look. Instead of helplessly surrendering to the natural aging process, you have to actively strive to minimize the sings that show the real number of birthdays that you have had.
Follow these tricks and tips to keep your age a secret and to always get compliments about how nurtured and youthful you look:
- Use pink and cream nail polish. By coloring your nails with semi-transparent, pink or cream nail polish you distract people away from the aging spots that appear on the skin of the hands.
- Keep your nails short. Long fingernails emphasize the presence of the veins on the hands and the prominent bones of the fingers. It is best to keep the length of the nails about 3-5mm.
- Increase the whiteness of your teeth. White teeth will encourage you to smile more and studies have shown that people perceive smiling faces more youthful. Once a week make a paste with one teaspoon of baking soda and a few drops of 3% hydrogen and brush your teeth with the paste for 1 minute. The effect is instantly noticeable.
- Prevent the appearance of cracked lips. Use lip balm on a daily basis to eliminate the appearance of cracked lips. At least twice a week rub your lips with a mixture of honey and sugar to soften them up and remove the rough layer. And most important of all stop licking your lips.
- Keep the firmness and elasticity of the skin on your hands. While cleaning with strong cleaning products, use gloves to prevent excessive drying of the skin on the hands. Before going to bed and whenever you have an opportunity during the day, nourish your hands with a glycerine cream or shea butter to restore the youthful appearance.
- Nourish the skin on your neck. Older women often look like 40-year-olds on the face but 60-year-olds on the neck. Why? While focusing on the care of the facial skin they forget the nourish the neck. Remember your neck is not your friend because it is the first thing that reveals your real age. Therefore, when applying face cream, anti- aging or SPF-cream apply it on the neck as well as the face.
- Use a SPF moisturizer even in winter. The sad reality is that people use SPF moisturizers only in the summer. The truth is that the skin need to be protected from the sun on a daily basis. The easiest and safest way to prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging is by using SPF moisturizer even in winter. Apply a moisturizer with SPF 15-30 about 20 minutes before you go out.
- Get rid of unwanted facial hairs. Older women, especially those who are going through menopause may notice that they have hairs on their face that they didn’t have before. Unwanted facial hairs make the face look older and harsher. Nowadays there are various ways to remove facial hair- from waxing to laser treatments. Choose a method according to your capabilities and get rid of this problem.
- Fight against the wrinkles with retinol. Retinol reduces the visibility of fine lines and stimulates the production of collagen, which makes the skin more elastic and smooth.