If you want to build muscle mass, then you need to do strength training. In order to emphasize the muscles you should do aerobic exercises. With the help of cardio training you can lose some of the extra weight, define your body and improve your cardiovascular system.
- It is very important to separate your cardio and strength exercises. Your muscles are tired enough from one training so any extra effort could have disastrous results. This means that after lifting weights it is not recommended to run, ride a bike etc.
If you still insist to do these exercise together, than you should focus on a different part of the body on every training.
- If you are in the phase of gaining muscle mass you should do cardio exercises once or twice a week for 15-20 minutes. This doesn’t require intensive energy consumption so the body will remain concentrated on building muscle.
- Because of the well known fact that our muscles memorize the exercises than you should change them from time to time. This way you will achieve better results. Diversity is essential because after a while the muscles adjust to the same number of reps and sets.
- If you are training a longer period of time, it is important to change the intensity of the exercise and modify the training in order to advance both your body and mind.
- If you are a beginner you should be aware that you won’t see results overnight.
Determination and motivation are the two most important factors, regardless of what methods you use to exercise.