Pilates is a fitness system developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20s in Germany. It is a series of controlled movements which are performed or the special handle (reformer) or to the floor. The purpose of Pilates is to coordinate the mind, body and spirit, something J. Pilates called contrology.
Pilates method focuses on improving flexibility, strength and awareness of your body without undue buildup of fat.During a session of Pilates should continuously to concentrate deeply on your central muscles (stomach, lower back, hips, buttocks and thighs), contractions of the muscles of respiration and the quality (not quantity) of your movements.
Some of the benefits of Pilates:
- strengthening and toning the muscles, without unnecessary shaping muscle
- raises awareness of your body
- improves position of the body
- It strengthens the spine and makes it more flexible
- improves circulation
- relieves back pain
- improves balance
- get more control over breathing
- It reduces stress, tension and gives you energy
- It teaches you how to coordinate your body, mind and spirit
- improves your appearance and your self-esteem increases